Here's a quick and easy test to determine, or eliminate, that the problem is with the IR Touch frame of the panel and help you move forward to troubleshooting. Follow these steps:
1) Using the Power Button, ensure the panel is powered up and has had time to fully boot
2) Select the HOME button (either from the panel front or the remote control) to access the Android Operating System built into the panel
3) Select the XPress Icon on the home screen (built-in Whiteboarding application)
4) From the "Annotation Tool Bar" select the Pen Tool and begin to draw
(* note - a green bar by the pen image will appear if the tool is engaged. To disengage the tool, tap it again and the green bar will disappear)
If you are able to complete the above tasks, the touch mechanism of the panel is operating as expected and additional troubleshooting is needed to resolve the issue. ***If you are not able to do the above, open a support ticket at https://recordex.happyfox.com/new and indicate that you have an identified touch failure determined by testing touch on the Android OS.
Local troubleshooting possibilities:
1) If you have a computer connected > ensure you have the USB cable inserted into a USB port of the computer. The USB cable runs from the panel to the computer to allow interactive, mirrored touch on the panel as an interactive monitor. You should see an alert on your computer if the device has been recognized. If it is unrecognized, try a different USB port on your computer. If there is still no response and you are using a wall plate, try connecting the cable directly between the panel and computer or try a different USB cable to ensure it is not a cable issue.
2) If you are using a Generation 3 panel, there are 2 touch out ports. Generally speaking, the main computer will be connected to TouchOut 1 located on the side of the panel. By default, the panel is set to acknowledge Touch Out 1 as the primary for the connected input. If you have a second device connected and it's connected to the USB TouchOut 2 (located on the bottom of the panel), then additional steps are needed to designate the TouchOut 2 to the specific input.
Please see this helpful article if you are configuring dual touch: https://recordex.happyfox.com/kb/article/46-dual-touch-configuration-simplicitytouch-gen-3
If your problem isn't resolved by the above steps, please submit a support ticket at https://recordex.happyfox.com/new and provide us with additional details of your situation.