Apr 08, 2020
We are often asked the BEST ways to clean the panel.
Continue reading to learn about cleaning the screen from prints and smudges as well as removing accumulated dust around the edges of the bezel (great troubleshooting step if a panel begins to exhibit fickle touch behavior).
The following instructions were extracted from the SimplicityTouch User Manual.
ALWAYS UNPLUG UNIT BEFORE CLEANING!
Cleaning the Panel
- To clean this unit, wipe with a soft, dry cloth. Clean the cabinet with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- If the cabinet is especially dirty, moisten a soft, lint-free cloth in a weak detergent solution, squeeze the excess moisture from the cloth, then wipe the cabinet with the cloth.
- Use a clean cloth to dry the cabinet.
- Use eyeglass cleaner to remove stubborn dirt from the screen.
- Never use alcohol, paint thinner or benzine to clean this unit.
- In the case listed above pertaining to an especially dirty cabinet, use a non abrasive, screen cleaning/glass cleaning agent.
- If using a cleaner from a spray bottle, spray it lightly on a soft cloth and then wipe the screen.
- We advise not to spray direct on the panel as it can drip into the IR frame.
- We often hear from teachers that their favorite method is to use glass wipes because they are pre-moistened, convenient, and leave it nice and clean.
- For the removal of dust from inside the bezel edge either use a dry, lint-free, soft cloth and gently run it around the inside of the bezel or use compressed air (similar to what is used to clean dust from keyboards) and blow gently around the inside edges of the panel.
If none of these solutions help resolve your issue go ahead and submit a support ticket: Click Here