SimplicityCam Getting Started and Set-Up
Steps for connecting the SimplicityCam to the computer once the XSight software is installed:
1. Connect the SC8zAF (or other Recordex model) to your computer via USB Cable, and check both ends of the USB cable connections for a good fit.
2. Please use the USB cable that was supplied with one of the Recordex cameras (we have found some USB cables to be inferior and will not operate a hi res doc cam). Extra long cables can also cause problems.
3. If using a laptop please keep in mind that you may need to try a different USB port if there are device recognition problems (USB ports on computers can vary in power).
4. Connect the Recordex Camera to the computer first, check the power light on the camera to ensure it is ON (Simplicity Cam is ON automatically), wait a few seconds and then open the XSight software program. You should have an XSight icon on your desktop screen that you can select for opening the software. Once XSight is open, you should at least see the XSight tool bar at the bottom of the page...even if you see no image from the camera. At this point if there is still NO camera image, proceed to step #5.
5. At the bottom of the screen there should be various symbols listed; Click on the "3 sided gear/cog" symbol to open the OPTIONS box (if the Options Box is not already visible).
6. Click on the 'VideoDevice' drop box and see if the camera is listed (usually listed as Recordex USA , USB Video Device, SC5zAF or SC8zAF). Be sure the Recordex camera is properly selected here and not your computer's web cam. If the Recordex camera is never listed in the 'Video Device' drop box, then most likely the computer is not "seeing" the camera. This could be due to a bad cable, loose connection, other USB Devices on the computer robbing power from the Recordex Camera, or even a possible defective camera. If a defective camera is ever suspected, simply borrow a different "known working" Recordex camera and connect it to the computer that is having a problem. Close and then re-open XSight. If a different camera corrects the problem then we know the original camera in question has failed.
7. Once the camera is now listed and selected,then you can select a good resolution setting under 'Video Size . The higher this video size number the more detailed and crisp the camera image will be. The size 640 X 480 is occasionally selected, but this will produce a poor image. ** If your computer is OS X, ensure that the Picture in Picture Mode is disabled.
8. Be sure to click SAVE at the botom right side of the OPTIONS box.
If the camera image is a mirrored image (everything backwards), then go back into the OPTIONS Box (by clicking on the "gear") and look for the option of "Mirror and flip input video frame from the main camera" Simply change the status of this box (check or un-check). Be sure to Click SAVE.