Out of the box, the SimplicityTouch is ready to be hard wired to your network. To do this, you do not have to adjust any settings, you will insert an ethernet cable to an active wall drop on one end and into the WAN port of the panel.
The WAN port is located on the bottom of the panel on the opposite side of the power cord. Generally speaking, being connected to a wired network provides the greatest stability for a network connection.
Connecting to a Wireless Network
- Power on the SimplicityTouch and wait for it to boot up to an input screen.
- Press the Home button on the remote or on the front of the panel. This will open the on screen menu display.
- Press Settings and then enter the password to access the home screen settings. (Note: Default password is 0 0 0 0. It is recommended that you change this password.)
- Select Network.
- Select "Router Settings".
- Login to Router. (Username: admin) (Password: [Leave Blank]) (It is recommended that you change this password).
- Select "Easy Setup Wizard" from the left menu.
- Select "Wireless ISP" Operating Mode and then Next.
- Set WAN Access Type to "DHCP Client". Set 5GHz Broadcast SSID to "Disabled". Set 5GHz mode to "Client". Set 2.4GHz Broadcast SSID to "Disabled". Set 2.4GHz mode to "Client". Select "Finished".
- After the page refreshes and the router admin page is displayed, select "Site Survey" from the left menu.
- Press the "Site Survey" button.
- Select the bubble coorosponding to the SSID/Network you would like join and then "Next".
- Enter the network passowrd and press "Connect". Then wait for the router to connect.
- Once connected, check the "Add to Wireless Profile" box then press "Reboot Now".
- Wait for the router to reset again.
- When router reboots and the refreshes the Access Point Status page confirm that you are connected to your network and that an IP has been received from DHCP server. This is located under the "WAN Configuration" section.
It can sometimes take up to several minutes on some networks for the IP address to be issued. Refresh the page to see if the IP has been assigned.
- After configuring router successfully it is a good idea to save the router configuration to a USB drive so that it can be used later to configure subsequent panels that are connecting to the same network. First, plug a USB drive into the panel using one of the USB ports labeled with the Home Screen icon.
- Login to router and then select Advanced Mode from left menu.
- Select SAVE/RELOAD SETTINGS from left menu.
- Press "Save" and the file will automatically be saved to the USB drive that is plugged into the panel. It will be saved under the Downloads folder on the USB drive.
If none of these solutions help resolve your issue go ahead and submit a support ticket: Click Here