Sometimes the sound from a computer application is muted, volume levels on the computer are low, volume on the computer is not assigned to the LED panel, or a cable is unplugged. There are a myriad of things that may cause someone to report "No Sound or Sound too low."
The first thing you want to try is powering the panel off by flipping the rocker switch on the back of the panel. Wait for it to completely shut off then flip the rocker switch back on. Then test the sound to see if it is working.
Here's a quick and easy test to determine, or eliminate, that the problem is an internal defect with the panel. Try playing an audio file while on the Android OS (HomeScreen). You will need a USB stick with an audio file (song or video) on it.
- Power the panel up.
- Select the HOME button (middle button on panel front).
- Insert USB (with an audio/video file on it) into one of the 2 front USB ports of the panel. Here is a test video file if needed: Click Here.
- When the USB Dialog box appears, select OK to open the media player application.
- Search for your files by selecting the Local Disk Storage folder > External > Select your audio/video file by tapping it.
- Play the file and manipulate the volume from the remote control, the panel buttons or the screen. If the volume seems a little low or muffled, check to be sure the panel is in STANDARD sound mode versus MIC mode: Use the Remote Control > Select the S.M. button while pointing the remote towards the SimplicityTouch Logo/LED sensor on the front of the panel) > select S.M. until you see STANDARD in the dialog box top left of the screen.
- If it plays with audio, then the panel's sound is okay and troubleshooting from the computer or input will be needed next to identify the culprit.
- If your computer is connected to the panel via VGA: Ensure the audio pigtail is plugged into your computer audio port> also double check that it's plugged into the VGA audio port of the panel's VGA input.
- Ensure that the sound settings on your computer are set to output to the LED panel.
- If you are playing audio/video through a web-based platform (i.e. YouTube), ensure that the sound setting inside the program is not Muted.
If none of these solutions help resolve your issue go ahead and submit a support ticket: Click Here