Recordex releases new features to the XPress software suite approximately once a year during the summer in preparation for the upcoming instructional year.
Here is a direct link to install the latest public version of XPress on a Windows or OS X device: Click Here
Here is a direct link to XPress training materials:
Whats new in Xpress 2.11: Click Here
Video Tutorials: Click Here
Manual: Click Here
- Open the main menu inside XPress.
- Tap the About tab to locate the current version of XPress you have running.
- Version 2.3 released July 2015
- Version 2.5 released July 2016
- Version 2.7 released July 2017
- Version 2.11 released July 2018
- When a new update is released, XPress will display a notification at the top of the display upon starting the application (if the "Notify about software updates" option is enabled in the settings). Click the link to download the latest version of XPress for your Operating System.
- Enable Notifications for new software updates, click/tap the settings icon, select the "Options" tab, scroll to the bottom, and enable the "Notify about software updates" option.
- You can also manually check for updates from the XPress settings, under the Options Tab, and selecting "Check for updates".
- If you select this when you are using XPress for Android on the SimplicityTouch IFP, it will launch the SimplicityApp Store for you to install the update. You can also manually open the SimplicityApp Store by pressing the Home button, tap "Applications", then "SimplicityApp Store".
- Once the download for the latest release of XPress has finished, open the file to begin the update process.
- Check that you accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Next.
On the "Enter License ID" page, select "I have no License ID or I will enter it later" This will use the previous Software License or Network License provided on the last installation. Or it will automatically activate the software as long as a Recordex device is connected to the computer.
Select the Destination Folder then click Next.
On the "Update Notifications" page, leave the "Check for program updates automatically upon startup" box checked to be notified of new XPress releases and updates.
Then click "Install" to finish the installation.
If none of these solutions help resolve your issue go ahead and submit a support ticket: Click Here